Napoleon's Dozen Picks for Jazz Fest Food
1. Cochon de lait po-boy -- Cajun-style barbecue pork with crunchy, creamy slaw, from Love at First Bite (a.k.a. Walker's Southern Style Barbecue) Where: Food Area I (closest to Grand Stand)
2. Crawfish sausage po-boy -- a juicy pork link studded with crawfish tails, from the legendary Vaucresson Sausage Co. Where: Food Area I (closest to Grand Stand)
3. Cajun shrimp & duck pasta -- a relatively new addition from Crescent Catering, an offbeat combination with lots of flavor. Where: Food Area I (closest to Grand Stand)
4. Fried gator po-boy -- from caterers Sharon & Guilherme Wegner, for a sandwich with bite (add fried jalapenos for the full effect). Where: Food Area I (closest to Grand Stand)
5. Mango Freeze -- a great way to cool down on a hot day that doubles as a benefit for WWOZ community radio. Where: Around the grounds
6. Jama-jama (sautéed spinach), fried plantains and poulet fricassee (chicken on a stick) -- a combo platter for a meal with true African flavors from Bennachin Restaurant in the French Quarter. Where: Congo Square.
7. Crawfish bisque, a true labor of love with stuffed crawfish heads, from Li'l Dizzy's Café in Treme. Where: Heritage Square (near the Blues Tent)
8. Crawfish bread -- the Louisiana answer to the calzone, from Panaroma Foods. Where: Food Area I (closest to Grand Stand).
9. Pheasant, quail & andouille gumbo -- an essential taste of Acadiana, from Prejean's Restaurant outside Lafayatte. Where: Food Area II (closest to Acura Stage)
10. Crawfish sack, oyster patty & crawfish beignets -- a tasting plate that screams Jazz Fest, from Patton's Caterers. Where: Food Area I (closest to Grand Stand)
11. Shrimp maque choux -- a traditional serving of home cooking from the bayou country, courtesy of the United Houma Nation. Where: Louisiana Folklife Village
12. Key lime tart -- a palm-sized treat to brighten the palate after the heavier dishes, from Legal Perks. Where: Food Area I (closest to Grand Stand)