TERRYTOWN, La. --  The two suspects arrested after a police chase on the Westbank of Jefferson parish that ended with one man shot have been charged with violent crimes.

According to the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office,  27-year-old Ryan Jackson has been booked with Attempted Murder in the incident and a second suspect, 21-year-old Lance Stevens, has been booked with Aggravated Assault with a Firearm.

Many are still talking about Tuesday's incident. Some described the scene as chaotic.

"Well I heard something, I didn’t see anything but I did hear noises that sounded like gunshots," said one woman who wanted to remain anonymous. "I wasn't sure what was going on.”

Deputies say it started at a nearby gas station after weapons were seen inside a parked Honda Accord, with two men inside. The officers felt threatened, according to police, and fired shots, striking the driver, 27-year-old Ryan Jackson. As Jackson drove off, deputies say he tried hitting them with his car.

After a brief chase, the car ended up in a drainage canal at Wright and Cedarwood Avenues. Some residents say it was something they had never seen before.

“I did peep out the door and I did see police cars and a fire engine and a crowd of people," said one resident. "I mean it’s just scary.”

The scene has since been cleared, but the investigation continues.

The next day, several Jefferson Parish Sheriff Deputies and a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives K9 team were seen sweeping over the area. The whole situation, some say, has left many on edge.

“Just a little concerned that in broad daylight you would hear gunshots," said one neighbor. "It's concerning."

Both Jackson and Stevens were taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. According to our partners at the New Orleans Advocate, in addition to the Attempted Murder Counts, Jackson also was booked with Illegally Possessing a Weapon as a Felon, and is being held without bail. Stevens' bail was set at $100,000.