AVONDALE, La. -- Catherine Strehle Elementary School will be closed Monday due to an overnight fire.

Officials from the Avondale Fire Department said around 3 a.m. Saturday, a one-alarm fire was reported at the school in the 100 block of Millie Drive.

Authorities said it was contained within 30 minutes, and power has been cut to the building as it is being repaired.

School officials said the fire was in the main electrical panel, and they are evaluating how long the school needs to be closed for repairs.