UPDATE: As of Sunday, Jan. 21 at 6 p.m., the boil water advisory has been lifted for all areas of Terrebonne Parish.
From the Consolidated Waterworks District Number 1 of Terrebonne Parish:
A boil water advisory issued on January 18 is lifted for the following areas:
- along Hwy 24 and Hwy 55 from Presque Isle to the end of these roads in the parish and Country Drive and Aragon Road including the communities of Bourg, Montegut and Grand Bois
- the area adjacent to Bayou Side Drive from Country Drive South to the Chauvin Tank
- the area from Presque Isle to and adjacent and up to 5502 Hwy. 56.
A portion of the parish still remains under a boil water advisory:
- Hwy 665 from 1620 south to the end of the road including Isle de Jean Charles
- Hwy 56 from 5002 south to the end of the Hwy, and 5298 Bayouside Drive South to the end.
It is recommended that consumers in this area disinfect their water before consuming it (including
fountain drinks), making ice, brushing teeth, or using it for food preparation or rinsing of foods by
the following means:
Boil water for one (1) full minute in a clean container. The one minute starts after the
water has been brought to a rolling boil. (The flat taste can be eliminated by shaking
the water in a clean bottle, pouring it from one clean container to another, or by
adding a small pinch of salt to each quart of water that is boiled.)
Again, please be sure to disinfect your own water prior to consumption until you have been advised