NEW ORLEANS -- A fire broke out in a den owned by Blaine Kern’s Mardi Gras World Saturday morning, according to officials.

While workers were welding a prop structure in the den, a moderate sized fire broke out according to a release from the New Orleans Fire Department. Officials said firefighters worked quickly to keep the flames and damage to a minimum. The den only received smoke damage, and the structure is still intact, according to NOFD. It is a building located on the Algiers side of the Mardi Gras World property, in the 900 block of Brooklyn Avenue.

A second alarm was called shortly after NOFD arrived around 10 a.m. as a precaution because of the size and type of building where the fire happened. Officials said the fire was under control in less than 20 minutes.

Kern Studios released a statement to WWL-TV about Saturday morning's incident. It reads:

"This morning, a welding spark caused a small fire in one of our warehouses on the Westbank. Thankfully, no one was injured and damage was minimal. The fire was extinguished quickly through the efforts of the New Orleans Fire Department, which responded on the scene shortly after the fire started. We are grateful for their service. We also commend our staff for reacting quickly in accordance with our company fire safety protocols.

"The fire did not take place at Mardi Gras World and River City Venues on the Eastbank, which remain open."

No one was injured in the fire.