NEW ORLEANS -- DJ equipment started a fire on the second floor of Oz on Bourbon Street Monday morning.

According to the New Orleans Fire Department, the club's manager said he heard "popping sounds" coming from the second floor just after noon. The bartender went to investigate and found some of the DJ's equipment and wires on fire,

The sprinkler system was activated and kept the fire from spreading, according to NOFD. Fire fighters arrived on the scene and had the fire under control within 30 minutes.

The club was open, but empty at the time except for the manager and bartender, according to NOFD. No one was injured in the fire.