The latest from St. John Parish on Tropical Storm Nate preps as of 10 p.m., Oct. 7:
St. John Parish: Hurricane Nate Preps
- The Storm Surge Warning is no longer in effect.
- The Tropical Storm Warning will expire at 3 a.m.
- St. John Parish remains under a Coastal Flood Advisory until noon on Sunday due to high tides and easterly winds.
- The mandatory evacuation for areas north of I-55 ( Manchac, Frenier and Peavine) has been lifted. The shelter at at Emily C. Watkins Schools is closing. No evacuations in effect.
- The curfew has been cancelled.
- Old Hwy 51 at Ruddock
- Peavine Road
- Frenier Road
- No school or office closures.
© 2018 WWL