The New Orleans Police Department announced road closures and traffic advisories for the French Quarter Festival. The closures are in effect from Saturday 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Dauphine Street in an Uptown direction will remain open throughout this event.
- Riverbound traffic on Iberville, Conti, and Toulouse Streets will be diverted onto Dauphine Street in an Uptown direction when the closure is in effect.
- Downtown bound traffic on Bourbon, Chartres, and North Peters Streets will not be allowed past Canal Street when the closure is in effect.
- North Peters/Decatur Streets will be restricted when pedestrian traffic between Canal and Dumaine Streets dictate the closure.
- While the streets are closed to vehicular traffic we will allow for-hire vehicles (taxis, limos, shuttle busses, pedicabs, and carriages) into the closed area as long as it is safe to do so.
- French Quarter residents, employees, and hotel guests will be allowed access as well, as long as it is safe to do so.