Summer can be a great time for you to be adventurous in the kitchen, and there are endless choices of seasonal fruits and vegetables, but if you don't know where to start, Chef Dione Duhon joins the Eyewitness Morning News to help.
Chef Duhon has an impressive list of clients, created the Delivery Meal Plan, and The Fit Gourmet and has even teamed up with the Saints.
You can sign up for Chef Duhon's Get Fit Plan with The Fit Gourmet by clicking here, and below find a recipe for healthy Louisiana Shrimp Creole.
Healthy Louisiana Shrimp Creole:
- 6-8 La Shrimp
- 1 Creole Tomato
- 1 Onion-small diced
- 1 zucchini-cut in strips (grilled)
- 2 Sweet Peppers—cut in strips
- Low sodium seasoning
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 4 Roasted Garlic Pods
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 cups Shrimp stock or water
- Saute Onion until caramelized
- Add Sweet Peppers and diced creole tomato
- Add Thyme and seasoning
- Add Roasted Garlic, bay leaf and Stock
- Saute Shrimp in a separate saute pan
- Serve over Basmati Rice