Smart phones have become a major part of today’s society, keeping people connected, informed, and independent. However, they also make people a major target for thieves, and more and more these thieves are becoming brazen.
As WWL-TV’s Jaclyn Kelley reported recently, an increasing number of New Orleanians have been robbed of their smart phones at gun point.
Joining the Eyewitness Morning News to talk about how to avoid being a victim of such an attack with some helpful tips, is Darlene Cusanza of Crimestoppers.
Some tips include:
- When using your phone out in a busy area - be aware of your surroundings
- Do not leave your phone unattended in a public location
- Do not store your personal information on your phone
- Contact the police immediately if you fall victim to a property theft or simple robbery
- Hands free devices allow you to keep your phone secure
- Use password protection and anti-theft software