June is the month for marriages, and wedding plans, parties, dress fashions, gourmet cakes and celebrations are in magazines, news, and popular television shows. But how does someone know if they are ready for marriage?
Relationship expert Dr. Eileen Palace joins the Eyewitness Morning News with the questions you should ask yourself to determine if you're ready to tie the knot.
- Do I have my own identity?
- Am I willing to put someone else's needs ahead of my own?
- Am I still interested in having sex with more than one person?
- Am I looking to avoid loneliness, escape parental control, gain financial security?
- Am I willing to allow another person to co-parent my children?
- Do I have my own issues to resolve, such as alcohol or drug abuse, depression, anxiety?