First there were fish, then street cars and now oysters are going to be part of the latest public art campaign.
It's all part of an effort to boost the restaurant and tourism industry in Jefferson Parish.
Violet Peters, CEO of the Jefferson Convention and Visitors Bureau, and Ryan Broussard, the artist of the O'Henry's oyster, were in the studio with more information on this exciting project.
You can check out a number of these beautifully painted oyster molds at 14 different restaurants around town starting next October 8th.
Those restaurants include:
- Acme Oyster House
- Andrea's Restaurant
- Deanie's Seafood Restaurant
- Don's Seafood Hut Restaurant & Oyster Bar
- Drago's Seafood Restaurant
- Gattuso's Neighborhood Bar & Restaurant
- Grand Isle Tourism Commission
- O'Henry's Food & Spirits
- Short Stop Poboys
- Smitty's Seafood Restaurant
- The Balcony Receptions
- Town of Jean Lafitte Visitor Information Center
- Village Inn Restaurant
- Vincent's Italian Cuisine
Rhonda Conley, the chef and owner of O'Henry's Food and Spirits, was in the kitchen cooking an oyster dish.