Mackie Shilstone joins the Eyewitness Morning News to talk about his top 5 favorite snacks, 100 calories or under.
- Cottage Cheese and Cantaloupe: Cottage cheese is a good protein source with 1/2 cup delivering 14 g. Like fiber, protein can help you stay full longer. A small wedge of cantaloupe brings the total calories to 100.
- Crackers with Cheese: Whole-grain crackers have fiber, which will keep you feeling full between meal. The cheese provides protein and calcium. To stay under 100 calories, cut up one slice of low-fat cheese and split it over three crackers.
- Fourteen Almonds: You can eat 14 almonds and stay below the 100-calorie mark. Also a rich source of fiber and protein, which will help keep hunger under control.
- 1/3 Cup of Edamame: A third of a cup of edamame has more than 8 g of protein and 4 g of fiber. It will also supply nearly 10% of your recommended daily allowance of iron.
- Eight Small Carrots and Hummus: Combine eight large baby carrots with 2 tablespoons of hummus. Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A and beta- carotene, while hummus adds protein.