The New Orleans Crime Coalition recently released the results of its latest survey of the public's perception of the job performance of the city's police department. This survey has become a valuable tool for city and police leaders.
Joining the Eyewitness Morning News to explain are New Orleans Crime Coalition chairman Michael Cowan, and the former chairman of the Business Council of New Orleans and the River Region, Greg Rusovich.
NOPD Job Performance Public Perception Statistics:
- Satisfaction with NOPD performance at 60%, up from August 2013
- % of residents expressed dissatisfaction with the NOPD - lowest level since 2009
- Perception of NOPD efforts to address violent crime dropped to 56% from 60% since August
- Perception of NOPD officers' courtesy outside of police stations down 4 percentage points
- Perception of NOPD officers' courtesy at police stations down 17 percentage points
If you'd like to see the New Orleans Crime Coalition's Citizens' Survey of the New Orleans Police Department's Job Performance in its entirety, click here.