The Eyewitness Morning News’ new restaurant series continues with a place to eat out in Washington Parish called Redwood Grill. It’s near the intersection of North Columbia Street and Louisiana Avenue in Bogalusa, and it offers barbecue and poboys.
Fans rate Redwood Grill’s smoked brisket very highly, and that's one of the things Chef and Owner Roger Holloway and Consultant Don Spiers are in Frank’s Kitchen preparing today.
You can find the Redwood Grill at 1417 Gobbler Head Drive, near the intersection of North Columbia Street and Louisiana Avenue in Bogalusa. They're open for lunch and dinner Tuesday through Saturday.
- One brisket flat
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- Cover with 1 cup in house seasoning
- Cook uncovered in roasting pan in smoker with 1/2 gallon water at 225 for 13 hours
- 1 gallon tropical fruit drained
- 12 oz jar cherries drained
- 16 oz whipped topping thawed
- 1 pound toasted pecans
- Small box cheesecake jello instant pudding
Roger Holloway/ Redwood Grill