Over the holidays, people are looking for gifts to give, and that leads some to stealing. So if you're traveling this year, there are ways you can protect your home from burglars, and Darlene Cusanza, the President and CEO Crimestoppers joins the Eyewitness Morning News to talk about the most effective strategies.
Preparing your home for holiday travel:
- Do not post on social media about your absence
- Have your daily deliveries (mail, newspaper) stopped or have someone pick it up regularly
- Make your home look occupied - put your lights on timers, keep the radio or tv playing to have noise in the home
- Keep curtains closed
- Use outdoor lighting for evenings
- Have someone park in your driveway