Two ladies who have had their own personal struggles with losing weight after having a child, have now shared those struggles with the world as contributors to the New Orleans Moms Blog. Joining the Eyewitness Morning News are Andie Savoie and Janie Kelly, to tell their story, but also to explain what they learned from their experiences.
Angies & Janie's Top 10 tips for losing weight:
- Eat clean & avoid processed foods
- Eat every 2 - 3 hours & within an hour of waking up
- Focus on nutrient balance instead of calorie counting
- Find healthy alternatives to your non-healthy favorites
- Use a salad plate or small bowl for your meals
- If you overindulge, don't beat yourself up, just start over fresh the next day
- Find a support network for motivation, encouragement & to stay on track
- Find fun & creative ways to exercise to stay committed
- Believe in yourself and praise your body
- Clean up your kitchen & stock it with healthy foods, so you are set up for success
You can read Andie Savoie and Janie Kelly's articles on weight loss, as well as stories from others moms and helpful recipes, on the New Orleans moms Blog by clicking here.