Yield: one 9-inch pie
16 ounces pumpkin puree, solid pack
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
1/8 teaspoon ginger, ground
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup packed brown sugar, light
2 tablespoons corn syrup, light
10 ounces milk
- Place the pumpkin in a mixing bowl.
- Sift together the flour, spices, and salt.
- Whisk in the flour mixture and the sugar to the pumpkin.
- Add the eggs to the pumpkin mixture making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl, whisk to completely incorporate the eggs.
- Add in the syrup and the milk. Mix until all ingredients are completely blended together.
- Allow the mixture to stand for 30 -60 minutes before using.
- Stir the filling to remix before using
Note: Allowing the pumpkin pie filling to stand allows the pumpkin to absorb all of the liquids and will make a smoother filling. If you are making the filling very far in advance you should omit the eggs during the mixing, adding them during the remixing stage. The acidity in the pumpkin and the brown sugar may partially coagulate the eggs.