Yields: 24 crostini
1 tablespoon Fresh Squeezed OJ
1 teaspoon Orange Zest
½ teaspoon Maple Syrup
¼ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 pound Beets, peeled and shredded
24 crostini (homemade or storebought) or Crackers
1 small bunch fresh Dill
4 oz. Goat Cheese
2 tablespoons milk (plus more if necessary)
- Whisk together orange juice, orange zest, maple syrup, mustard, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Combine shredded beets with dressing.
- Place about 1 Tablespoon of beets on top of crostini or cracker.
- Mince half of the dill (about 2 Tablespoons), reserving other half of the fronds for garnish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together goat cheese, milk, and minced dill. Add more milk, ½ teaspoon at a time, if goat cheese is too thick to spread.
- Top each beet crostini with ¼ tsp of herbed goat cheese.
- Garnish each cracker with 1 small frond of dill, tucked underneath the goat cheese. Serve immediately.