Chef Kevin Belton makes a Louisiana favorite, shrimp bisque.
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups stock
- 1 cup butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups onions
- ½ cup green onions
- 1 cup celery
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 cup green peppers
- 3 tbsp Joe’s stuff
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 lbs shrimp -peeled
- 2 oz tomato paste
- Cooked Rice
- In your pot cook butter and flour making a roux to the color of dark peanut butter.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper and tomato paste.
- Stir these ingredients into your roux to stop it from cooking.
- Pour in your stock and return to heat stirring to smooth the roux mixture into the stock.
- Add garlic, bay leaves and Joe’s stuff.
- Cook the bisque on a medium heat for 15 minutes letting the flavors blend together.
- Add shrimp cooking for 5 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Sprinkle in green onions and parsley just prior to serving.
- Serve over cooked rice
This dish can be prepared in advance up to the point of adding the shrimp.
***Makes 15 servings***