Hyatt Regency New Orleans
For 2 Guests
2 each 1.5 lbs. live Maine Lobsters
1 lbs. of butter
2 large oranges
1 bunch of each of the following: thyme, parsley, rosemary, oregano, chives and basil
1 lbs of fingerling potatoes
1 bunch of baby turnips
1 head of fresh whole garlic
1 cup of EVOO
1 Fresh Cinnamon Stick
Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- Cut your 2 to 3 lbs live lobsters in nice thick slices and reserve. Crack the claws and reserve them as well.
- Juice the equivalent of two oranges and reserve until needed.
- Take your fingerling potatoes and rinse them well. Cut them on the bius in nice chunks. Coat them in olive oil and season them with Salt and Pepper. Add a few sprigs of thyme as well as a few cloves of garlic. Roast them for about 20 minutes in a 350˚F oven until a nice golden color is obtained.
- Take your Baby turnips and rinse them well. Using a vegetable peeler peel them and give them a nice shape. Cut them in two lengthwise. Cook them in hot salted boiling water for about 3 minutes or until slightly al dente. Strain them and cool them down in an ice bath. Drain the water and reserve until later.
- Heat up some EVOO and add some sprigs of thyme, parsley, rosemary, oregano and some basil. Warm up and let infuse on the corner of your stove to get a nice flavored oil.
- Season your lobster with Salt, Fresh cracked black pepper and some fresh grated cinnamon.
- In a skillet heat up some olive oil and add your lobster. Color on both side and then deglaze with your fresh orange juice. Cover with the skillet lid and cook in the oven at 375 ˚ F for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime roast your potatoes and your turnips in a pan with some fresh butter. Season well with salt and pepper. At the last minute add some fresh chopped chives and parsley. Dispose in your plate or platter.
- Take the lobster off the oven and arrange nicely over the turnips and potatoes mix.
- Put the skillet with the braising liquid from the lobster on the stove and reduce it for a few seconds. Monte with some fresh butter and check your seasoning.
- Pour your sauce atop of the lobster, drizzle some of your herb oil and serve immediately.