You can't get much better than bowling and barbeque, and every Friday this summer, Fulton Alley will be offering a barbeque lunch from their new pop up spot, The Pit.
The Pit will have a changing menu each week, and Chef Michael Nirenberg and owner, Shawn Barney join the Eyewitness Morning News in Frank’s Kitchen to talk about some of today's options.
The Pit will roll out their smoker every Friday at 11:30 a.m., from there, barbecue will sell until it's gone. And don't forget The Pit at Fulton Alley will also have a house band each Friday. You can find it at 600 Fulton Street.
The Pit's Smoked Brisket Burnt End Sandwich (makes 2)
- 1/2 lb chopped fatty brisket
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce of choice
- 1 cup creamy coleslaw
- 2 homemade buns
- Get saute pan hot
- Add brisket into dry pan
- Allow fatty brisket to get crispy
- Once brisket is ready remove from heat and add bbq sauce
- Toss so brisket is fully covered
- Put brisket onto toasted bun and top with coleslaw
- Serve with favorite sandwich side (chips, potato salad etc.)