Spaghettibowl!’s Marinara Recipe
The following makes 4 quarts:
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 large Yellow Onion
1/4 cup Chopped Garlic
1 pinch Crushed Red Pepper
3 Bay Leaves
1 tsp. Dry Oregano
5 – 1lbs., 4oz. cans Plum Tomatoes
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
2 tbsp. Tomato Paste
8 Fresh Basil Leaves
- Place oil in the pot and sauté the onions, garlic, red pepper, bay leaf and oregano.
- Sauté until onions are clear.
- Puree plum tomatoes and pour over the onions.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer on low for 45 minutes.
- Taste, adjust, and taste again…