Yield: 1 9-inch pie
½ ounce sugar
½ ounce bread flour
10 ½ ounces corn syrup, dark is preferred
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
1 ounce butter, melted
Heaping ½ cup pecan pieces or halves
- Combine the sugar and the flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add the corn syrup and blend thoroughly
- Add the eggs, vanilla and salt, whisk to thoroughly combine
- Stir in the melted butter
- Place the pecans in the prepared pie shell and pour the syrup mixture over the pecans.
- Bake at 350 F until the filling is set.
- Cool completely before serving.
Note: Chocolate pecan pie variations, add 6 ounces of chocolate chips with the pecans, prepare and bake according to directions