Hyatt Regency New Orleans
For 2 Guests
1 medium size beef brisket
Pecan wood ships
2 large sweet potatoes
½ cup of olive oil
½ lb of fresh green beans or haricots verts
1 medium size white onion
½ cup of all purpose flour
½ cup of white sliced almonds
BBQ spices rub
Salt and pepper
- Rub the beef brisket with the desired spices and then slowly cook in the smoker with Pecan Wood Chips.
- Slice the Beef Brisket to the desired portioned size and generously coat with your favorite BBQ Sauce.
- Season your Sweet Potatoes with a little bit of Olive Oil and then Salt and Pepper.
- Place them on a baking tray covered with Aluminum foil and cook in a 350˚ F oven for about 45 minutes.
- Once cooked slice the Sweet Potatoes in Big Slices and Pan fry them with some olive oil and season with Salt and Pepper.
- Take your Green Beans and blanch them in boiling hot water for about 2 minutes or so until they are slightly all dente. As soon as cooked strain them and chill them in cold water with ice. When cold strain them to remove all the water and until ready to use.
- Take your almonds slices and roast them in the oven at 375˚ F.
- Peel your onions and then slice them whole as thin as possible. Slightly coat them in flour and season with salt and pepper. Deep fry them quickly and set aside.
- When ready to eat:
- Warm up your brisket in the BBQ sauce to keep moist.
- Warm up the Sweet Potatoes in the oven.
- Sauté your Haricots verts in Butter and toss with the almonds.
- Display all the elements nicely in your plate or platter.
- Sprinkle with your Fried onions.