“Gonsolin Ranch” Lousianna Grass Fed Beef with Covey Rise Roasted Vegetables.
- 5 Lb Gonsolin Ranch stewing beef
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup buitter
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 pint of NOLA Irish Channel Stout
- 10 cups of Beef Stock
- Covey Rise Farms vegetable selection
- 3lb of Mashed potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Season the beef to taste with the salt and pepper. Heat butter in a large ovenproof pan. Brown the beef so it caramelizes.
2. Remove the beef. Add in the onions, celery, and carrots to the pan and continue the browning process, stirring often over 10 minutes. Then add the Irish channel stout, deglazing the pan, scraping off any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add back the beef and beef stock.
3. Bring to a boil, cover with foil, and place in the oven. Braise, cooking in the oven, until the meat is fork-tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. During the cooking check the liquid is always ¾ covering the beef.
4. Serve with the roasted Covey Rise Farms vegetables and mashed potatoes.
Yield: 6 people