2 oz’s butter or margarine
1 small onion (diced)
1 small bell pepper (diced)
2 ribs of celery (diced)
4 oz’s smoked sausage (cut small slices)
1 ½ lb’s peeled shrimp
½ tsp dried basil leaves
¼ tsp dried thyme leaves
2 cloves garlic (minced)
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
4 fl oz tomato puree
8 fl oz diced tomatoes (with juice)
2 jalapenos (diced)
4 fl oz cream sauce
½ bunch parsley
1 lb cooked rice
- Prepare Cream Sauce/Béchamel Sauce and set aside.
- Melt butter or margarine in medium sized pot.
- Add onions, bell pepper and celery and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add smoked sausage and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Next add shrimp, basil, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper; cook until shrimp turn light pink.
- Add tomato puree and sauté for another 1-2 minutes to remove the strong taste of tomatoes.
- Add diced tomatoes with juice, diced jalapenos and cream sauce and bring to a simmer for 3 minutes.
-Top with parsley and stir to incorporate.
- Plate about 4 oz’s of hot rice and top with Shrimp Diablo Sauce.