Yields: 24 peppers
1 Lb. Can Roasted Piquillo Peppers
1/2 Lb. Shrimp cut in small pieces (peeled and deveined)
3 cloves Chopped Garlic
1/2 Lb. crawfish Tails cut in small pieces (peeled)
½ C. Redfish Seasoning (k-Paul)
2 Shallots small dice
2 oz White Wine
8 Oz. All Purpose Flour
8 Oz. Butter
1 cup Manchego Cheese (Shredded)
½ cup Bread Crumbs
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Oz. Olive Oil
- In medium sized pan melt butter and add flour slowly whisking until we make a light roux. Add ½ cup of cream and whisk until we get a batter consistency. Add 4oz. of manchego and mix well. Set aside and cool off
- In medium sized pot add olive oil and bring to medium heat Sweat Shallots and garlic, then add Shrimp, redfish seasoning and Crawfish and deglaze with the wine. Reduce wine liquid by ½ and remove the shrimp and crawfish mix and set aside to cool off, leaving the liquid in the pan.
- Add rest of the cream to the wine liquid in the pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce to half and add 2 oz of the cheese and stir well. Set aside for sauce.
- In metal bowl mix the cold batter and the cold shrimp and crawfish mix until fully blended.
- Carefully Stuff peppers with the mixture and set aside.
- Mix the 2oz. of cheese left with the bread crumbs and cover the exposed end of the peppers with the bread-cheese mixture. Let them sit refrigerated for at least 1 hour.
- Cook peppers (bread crumb side down) in oven at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Plate desired portion and drizzle with the sauce we set aside earlier.