Firefighters work blaze at Lakeview strip mall

Firefighters work blaze at Lakeview strip mall

Firefighters work blaze at Lakeview strip mall

Print
Email
|

wwltv.com

Posted on July 7, 2014 at 4:45 PM

WWLTV.com
Email: webteam@wwltv.com | Twitter: @WWLTV

NEW ORLEANS -- A two-alarm fire at a Lakeview strip mall damaged three businesses on Harrison Avenue on Monday.

The fire happened in the 900 block of Harrison Avenue at about 11:45 a.m.

The Coral Reef Pet Shop suffered the most extensive damage with minor fire damage and heavy smoke damage. Mondo Restaurant and the NOLA Snow sno-ball stand both had smoke damage. The businesses were left without power.

According to the New Orleans Fire Department, the fire began in the rear of Mondo's. When firefighters arrived on the scene, the flames extended to the building's roof.

There were no injuries reported.

 

Print
Email
|