With heavy rainfall expected over a period of time, street flooding could occur in low-lying areas (Peavine Road, Woodland Dr., the rear of Cambridge Subdivision, Indigo Lakes, Spring Meadows, Ridgewood Subdivision, Foxwood Subdivision, the rear of River Forest, and areas north of Airline Highway in Reserve) over the next five days.
Sand and sandbags are located at sites throughout the parish. Please remember to bring a shovel.
- Belle Terre Land (front of Foxwood Subdivision) 669 Belle Terre Blvd, LaPlace
- St. John Community Center at 2900 Hwy 51, LaPlace
- Captain Bourgeois (pre-filled sandbags)
- Fire Station #94 at 1200 Hwy. 643, Pleasure Bend
- Fire Station #62 located at 378 Railroad Ave, Reserve
- Fire Station #71 at 418 Historic West St., Garyville
- Old Second Ward High School at 3671 Hwy 18, Edgard<p>
All loose debris and trash should be removed to assist in preventing blockage in parish drainage systems. Residents are encouraged to monitor all local weather stations and begin preparations at home should the system shift. Please report all concerns to the 9-1-1 Communications Department throughout the weekend to allow for accurate reporting and immediate response.
All St. John the Baptist Parish Emergency Responders are on standby should the system strengthen and head to Southeast Louisiana. The SJBP Emergency Operations Center will continue to monitor the track of the tropical disturbance through the weekend and will remain in contact with the National Weather Center and the Governor's Office of Homeland Security Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP). Additional information will be released to residents as it becomes available.