NEW ORLEANS — One of New Orleans’ favorite springtime events is back and it’s ready to rock.
Beginning with Anders Osborne on March 6, Wednesday at the Square will sound off for 12 consecutive weeks, a smorgasbord of free music and local fare at Lafayette Square in the central business district.
The Young Leadership Council announced the lineup for the 14th annual series at a press conference Tuesday.
The first 11 weeks of the series were unveiled; the series finale will be announced on May 8 when Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk and Mahayla play.
“Without public support, the YLC could not continue its contributions to the community,” said Richard Pavlick, President of the YLC Board of Directors. “We appreciate everyone who has continually supported the YLC by attending our spring concerts, and we look forward to seeing their faces along with new ones this year.”
- March 6: Anders Osborne and Colin Lake Band
- March 13: Bucktown All-Stars and Park Row
- March 20: Col. Bruce Hampton and Andrew Duhon
- March 27: Marcia Ball and Jenn Howard
- April 3: Irvin Mayfield & the Jazz Playhouse Revue with special guest Kermit Ruffins and The New Orleans Jazz Institute’s Saturday Music School
- April 10: The Mother Hips and Jon Roniger
- April 17: The Revivalists and Disco Demolition Knights
- April 24: Eric McFadden with Bernie Worell, Luther Dickenson, Eric Bolivar & Robert Mercurio and Dave Jordan Band
- May 1: The Meters Experience featuring Leo Nocentelli and Chris Mule & the Perpetrators
- May 8: Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk and Mahayla
- May 15: Billy Iuso& Restless Natives and N’awlins Johnnys
- May 22: Season finale performer TBA and Westbank Mike
In addition to the music, YLC Wednesday at the Square has an Artist Village, showcasing handcrafted items including glass art, jewelry, ceramics, photographs, t-shirts, paintings, and more.
Food and drink sales at the event, which is free to get in, benefit the YLC’s community projects.