Second suspect named in New Orleans East kidnapping, armed robbery

NEW ORLEANS -- Police named a second man they believe jumped into a man's car in New Orleans East and ordered him to drive off at gunpoint, robbed and carjacked him.

The incident happened Friday, Sept. 2.

Police said Nathan Banks, 20, got into a man's car at the intersection of Chef Menteur Highway and America Street. 

MORE: NOPD: Armed carjackers kidnap man, force him to drive to ATM

The victim said he was told to drive to several ATMs in the New Orleans East area and withdraw money. The suspects then ordered the man to drive around, police said. During that time investigators think another man, Shawn Moore, leaned out of the window of the vehicle and fired several shots at three people with a handgun.

Moore was named as a suspect earlier in the week. Police said both men are considered armed and dangerous.

Anyone with information about Banks is asked to call 7th District Detectives at (504) 658-6070.

 

(© 2016 WWL)


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment