Mary Kilpatrick / HoumaToday.com
HOUMA, La. - A Houma man opened his home and drug supply to a group of teens looking for a party spot early Monday morning, the Terrebonne Parish Sheriff's office said. Officials received a tip that there was underage drinking at the party about 1 a.m. and discovered the drug use instead, Capt. Dawn Foret said.
Ross Chauvin, 31, 110 Kettle Lane, hosted about 60 people, whose ages ranged from 17 to 20, Foret said. As a DJ played music, the kids allegedly used marijuana. Though Chauvin supplied the drugs to the youth, he admitted to deputies that “he did not know many of the people in attendance,” Foret said.
Chauvin was charged with one count of letting a disorderly place. He was held at the Terrebonne Parish jail before being released on a $500 bond.
Seven other people at the party were arrested with drug related charges.
- Dylan Yates, 20, 152 Walnut Street, Houma, possession of marijuana and possession drug paraphernalia
- Kerstin Verdin, 20, 3013 Creole Drive, Houma, possession of MDMA and possession of drug paraphernalia
- Shane Price, 19, 183 East Hwy 182, Morgan City, possession of marijuana
- Hayden Triche, 17, 113 Blue Guidry Street, Houma, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia
- Kyle Tacy, 20, 375 Westside Blvd, apt. 153, Houma, possession of drug paraphernalia
- Colin St. John, 20, 29 Texas Avenue, Houma, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia
- Christian Lambert, 17, 155 Walnut Street, Houma, possession of marijuana
After the arrest were made were made, the party disbanded, Foret said.
Two girls and one boy in the home had passed out due to drug use, and were taken to the hospital.
Officials are still investigating whether any underage drinking at the party, she added.