NEW ORLEANS - The Attorney General's office confirms that it is looking into a sexual assault allegation against St. Bernard Parish President David Peralta.
Court documents filed Friday in Orleans Civil District Court showed that Peralta's wife is asking for a restraining order against him stemming from the alleged incident that happened last October.
According to the documents, the petition for protection from abuse stems from an alleged sexual assault incident that happened in the couple's Meraux home.
His wife is asking the court for a temporary restraining order against Peralta.
A court hearing is scheduled for early February.
Eyewitness News spoke with Peralta who said he was unaware of the order filed against him, but he said he filed for divorce last month.