Fire destroys Slidell mobile home

Fire destroys Slidell mobile home

Fire destroys Slidell mobile home

Print
Email
|

wwltv.com

Posted on February 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Updated Monday, Oct 14 at 4:34 AM

WWLTV.com
Email: webteam@wwltv.com | Twitter: @WWLTV

SLIDELL, La.- A morning fire destroyed a mobile home and forced the homeowner to escape the building, according to St. Tammany Fire District #1.

The fire broke out in the 2700 block of 8th Street around 8 a.m. When firefighters arrived at the home heavy smoke and flames were coming from the mobile home, according to the fire department.

The man who owned the home was lying in his bedroom when he saw smoke and flames coming from the stove in the kitchen. The man fled the home safely, according to the fire department.

The fire completely destroyed the interior of the home. The fire was started by a pot of grease left on the stove, according to the fire department. The Red Cross is assisting to the man.  No injuries were reported.
 

Print
Email
|