SLIDELL, La. -- St. Tammany firefighers worked a blaze at an apartment building Saturday in Slidell.
The fire happened at at 859 Ashville Dr. at about 5:45 p.m. It was under control within 10 minutes of arriving on the scene, according to officials.
There was moderate fire damage to one of the apartment's kitchen and smoke damage through the downstairs of the apartment.
According to officials, a pan was left on the stove.
Firefighters rescued a dog and two cats from the fire. No one was injured.