NEW ORLEANS - Almost 6,000 former toll tag users seeking refunds have received them, according to the Louisiana DOTD.
The department says that some of the refunds that have not been processed aren't complete and that customers in that situation have been notified.
They say account holders that submit requests by mail or e-mail are receiving their refunds within 7-10 days.
As a reminder, customers may come to the CSC located at 2001 Mardi Gras Boulevard in New Orleans. The CSC is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. It is no longer open until 7 p.m. on Thursdays. Customers may also send requests via U.S. Mail or electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms can be picked up at the CSC or downloaded from the DOTD website at, http://www.dotd.la.gov/operations/cccd/requestrefund.aspx. As a reminder, customers need to have the following to receive a refund. ·
- Completed and signed “W-9” form as required by the state and the IRS for auditing and verification purposes ·
- Completed and signed “Request for Refund” form ·
- Copy of account holder’s valid driver’s license ·
- Written letter requesting closure of the account ·
- Return toll tag(s) or unused portion of toll ticket book(s)