NEW ORLEANS – Court records obtained by The New Orleans Advocate show the injuries 24 people sustained when police say alleged drunk driver Neilson Rizzuto plowed into a crowd at the Endymion parade Feb. 25.
For half of the people injured, Rizzuto has been booked on the more serious count of first-degree vehicular negligent injuring.
Those injuries include:
- 40-year-old woman from New Orleans. Left shoulder broken: several broken ribs on the left side.
- 19-year-old man from Allen, Texas. Internal injuries to legs and left arm, laceration to the head requiring stitches.
- 18-year-old female, from Shelby Township, Michigan. Fractured nose, black eye*, numerous lacerations and abrasions.
- 51-year-old woman from Biloxi, Miss. Broken pelvis in two places, broken scapula*.
- 20-year-old female from Roseville, Calif. Internal injuries to both legs, ligament damage.
- 19-year old man from Chicago. Severe laceration to the head requiring 6 staples.
- 37-year-old man from New York. Broken hip, dislocated shoulder, lacerated liver, rib fractures*.
- 38-year-old woman from River Ridge. Sustained a head injury (blacked out), contusions to the entire body.
- 26-year-old woman from New Orleans. Broken right wrist, scrapes to broth knees and left side of body.
- 47-year-old man from Biloxi, Miss. Severe laceration to head requiring 13 staples, a concussion, sever bruising to extremities.
- 46-year-old woman from New Orleans. Leg and shoulder injuries * (identified as NOPD Officer Michelle Woodfork)
- 22-year-old woman from New Orleans. Lacerated liver, internal injuries to abdomen.
“Vehicular negligent injuring” victims’ injuries include:
- 20-year-old man from Dallas. Ribs chest, both knees, legs bruised.
- 16-year-old boy from New Orleans. Neck and back strain.
- 8-year-old girl from Avondale. Right knee and leg strains, back strain, needs MRI of right leg.
- 26-year-old man from Alexandria. Right leg and knee pain.
- 29-year-old woman from River Ridge. Leg and shoulder pain, needs MRI on right knee.
- 1-year-old from New Orleans. Sustained scratches to the face.
- 20-year-old man from New Orleans. Left elbow, sprained left ankle, abrasions.
- 56-year-old from New Orleans. Severe bruising to right hip and right knee.
- 50-year-old woman from New Orleans. Neck, shoulder and stomach bruising from seatbelt*, lower back and left leg pain.
- 30-year-old man from Dallas. Road rash to wrist, elbow*, left leg and right ankle.
- 22-year-old man from New Orleans. Cut to left arm, clavicle bruise*, road rash.
- 38-year-old woman from River Ridge. Neck shoulder*, stomach bruising and lower back pain.
Rizzuto remains at the Orleans Parish Justice Center. His next court appearance is set for March 24.
* denotes site of injuries not specified
© 2017 WWL-TV