Read the latest in David Hammer's investigation:
- Jazz trumpeter Irvin Mayfield indicted by federal grand jury on 19 counts (December 15, 2017)
- Mayfield, business partner could face years in prison if convicted (December 15, 2017)
David Hammer's series of investigative stories surrounding Grammy-winning trumpeter Irvin Mayfield, the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra and funds intended for the New Orleans Public Library.
- Library donations to Irvin Mayfield's jazz project questioned (May 5, 2015)
- More questions crop up over Irvin Mayfield's use of library donations (May 6, 2015)
- Mayor calls for changes on Library Foundation, president resigns after WWL-TV report (May 8, 2015)
- Mayfield's Jazz Orchestra agrees to give money back to Library Foundation (May 12, 2015)
- Emails suggest Irvin Mayfield sought more library money (May 19, 2015)
- Sources: Feds investigating Library Foundation payments (May 26, 2015)
- Irvin Mayfield, staffer resign public UNO jobs as WWL-TV seeks answers (Aug. 10, 2015)
- NOJO chairman weighs in on Mayfield controversy (Mar. 8, 2016)
- 1 year later, Mayfield's Jazz Orchestra agrees to pay back library charity (May 12, 2016)
- Library donors say plan to pay back $1 million lacking (May 20, 2016)
- Mayfield sent even more library money to jazz orchestra, records show (Jun. 14, 2016)
- Mayfield charged $18K hotel stay to library donors (June 22, 2016)
- Irvin Mayfield resigns as artistic director, board member of NOJO (July 5, 2016)
- More 'extravagant' library spending by Irvin Mayfield (August 4, 2016)
David Hammer talks about if the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra will be able to continue.
The legislative audit looks into the finances of the jazz orchestra.
David Hammer reports on possible additional problems for Irvin Mayfield and the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra.
David Hammer talks to NOJO Chairman Ron Forman about the Irvin Mayfield scandal.
#MakeNOJOPay billboard erected
David Hammer talks about the ongoing issue of NOJO paying money back to the New Orleans Public Library Foundation.
New Orleans Jazz Orchestra appears to be backing off on a promise to give back money it received from a public charity headed by former library board member Irvin Mayfield and his business partner.