Man loses appeal in post-Gustav killing

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on April 11, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Updated Wednesday, Apr 11 at 11:03 AM

HOUMA, La. (AP) — The Louisiana Supreme Court has denied an appeal request for a Chauvin (SHOH'-van) man convicted of killing his friend after Hurricane Gustav in 2008.

Authorities said 31-year-old Jason Brown killed 25-year-old Steven LeCompte (luh-COUNT') in September 2008 following a night a night of drinking and arguing that led to a fight outside Brown's house three days after the storm made landfall.

Police said that hours after beating LeCompte in the street, Brown went to LeCompte's house and shot him once in the face as he lay on his couch.

Brown was convicted of second-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison in October 2009. The Courier (http://bit.ly/IF9XKx) said the conviction was upheld in November by a state appeals court. The Supreme Court declined to hear the case last week.

___

Information from: The Courier, http://www.houmatoday.com

Print
Email
|