NEW ORLEANS - On Thursday, more victims of Hurricane Isaac have another chance to get disaster food stamps.
Centers opened around the metro area for residents to get aid.
From 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., residents can go to the following sites to apply for food stamps:
- Jefferson: Alario Center, Westwego
- Orleans: University of New Orleans
- St. Bernard: Christian Fellowship Church, 5816 E. Judge Perez Dr., Violet
- St. Tammany: YMCA and First Baptist Church, 16333 Hwy. 1085, Covington
- Lafourche: Peltier Park
- St. John: New Wine Christian Church
- Plaquemines: Exceleration Church, Belle Chasse
There are four changes applicants should know about:
- Officials will assess the lines at the food stamp sites at 4:30 p.m. and if they are at capacity they may not allow anymore applicants for the day.
- There will now be a special entrance for elderly and disabled residents.
- Members of the National Guard will be on hand to assist people who need help.
- All applicants will now be able to go inside while they wait.
Speed up the process by calling 1-888-524-3578 or pre-apply online at www.dcfs.la.gov/preapply.