SLIDELL, La. – On Sunday, firefighters responded to a blaze that began after a man left a frying pan on his stove, according to St. Tammany Fire Protection District #1.
Around 6:50 p.m., the homeowner was watching television in his bedroom when he heard a popping sound and discovered a fire in his kitchen, fire officials said.
He attempted to extinguish the fire and then safely evacuated the home located at 246 Bluebird Dr. in the Audubon Subdivision in Slidell, according to St. Tammany Fire Protection District #1.
Firefighters arrived on scene at 6:55 p.m. and found smoke showing from a 1,500 square foot single story residence.
Within 10 minutes, 18 firefighters along with 10 units were able to extinguish the one-alarm fire, officials said.
The residence received light fire damage in the kitchen and light smoke damage throughout the house.
No injuries were reported.