New Orleans, La. – The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development is planning a temporary closure of I-10 in Orleans Parish on Sunday, November 24, 2013, from 2:00 a.m. to 10 a.m.
I-10 will be closed at the following locations:
- I-10 Eastbound at Exit 232, US 61/Carrolton Avenue
- I-10 Westbound at Exit 235B, Canal St. /Superdome
- US 90B Eastbound at the I-10 westbound/US 90B merge.
Drivers should avoid this section of I-10.
- U.S. Highway 61 (Tulane Avenue) near Carrollton Avenue and its intersection with I-10/South Claiborne Avenue will be the detour route.
- West Bank drivers should use the Huey P. Long Bridge to access I-10 in Metairie
The closure is part of an ongoing project that will allow for the installation of a truss that will span all I-10 lanes eastbound and westbound. The truss will be installed on I-10 between S. Jefferson Davis Parkway and S. Broad Street. Once installed, signs on the truss will display changeable messages to provide information to drivers near downtown New Orleans, such as traffic incidents and Amber Alerts.
Detour routes will be identified.