Toddler to receive check-up after intestines injured by tiny magnetic beads

Print
Email
|

wwltv.com

Posted on May 9, 2012 at 7:51 AM

WWLTV.com
Email: webteam@wwltv.com | Twitter: @WWLTV

NEW ORLEANS - In April, a toddler's tiny intestines were squeezed together after swallowing magnetic beads.

On Wednesday, officials from LSU Health Sciences Center and Children's Hospital will update the condition of Braylon Jordan.

The toddler had to have five life-saving surgeries after doctors found eight magnets inside of his stomach.

Various companies market the magnets as "desk toys" and "stress relievers" for adults.

The consumer product safety commission warns that the high powered magnets are prohibited for children 14-years and younger.

Print
Email
|