NEW ORLEANS – The NOPD says it has arrested a suspect they believe used his bike and a gun to complete 7 armed robberies at fast food and convenience stores along the South Carrollton/South Claiborne corridor the past three weeks.
Sidney Williams, 31, was arrested and booked in connection with the seven armed robberies, possession of a stolen firearm and felon in possession of a firearm.
Police said that in all seven of the armed robberies, the suspect went into the store brandishing a gun, demanded money from the cashier and then fled on a bicycle. The incidents include:
- January 4, 2015 at the Rally's located in the 3200 block of South Carrollton Avenue
- January 9, 2015 at the Popeye's located in the 4200 block of South Claiborne Avenue
- January 15, 2015 at the Wendy's located in the 3100 block of South Carrollton Avenue
- January 15, 2015 at the Burger King located in the 2400 block of South Carrollton Avenue
- January 17, 2015 at the Shell located in the 3100 block of South Carrollton Avenue.
- January 19, 2015 at the Dollard General located in the 2800 block of South Claiborne Avenue
- January 22, 2015 at the Wendy's located in the 4200 block of South Claiborne Avenue
Police said that when they went to a home on General Taylor Street where it was believed Williams was living, he tried to escape through the back door and was apprehended.
Detectives executed a search warrant at the location and found the clothing, a gun that was reported stolen from Colorado and the bicycle that Williams used in the Armed Robberies.