ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST PARISH PRESS RELEASE
ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST PARISH – St. John the Baptist Parish workers who may be eligible for FEMA Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) must apply for assistance by the end of the day on October 2. The purpose of DUA is to provide unemployment benefits and re-employment services to individuals who have become unemployed as a result of a major disaster. Residents who have lost their jobs or those who are self-employed and unable to provide their services because of Hurricane Isaac are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible for DUA, individuals must:
- Not be eligible for regular Unemployment Insurance
- Be unemployed as a direct result of the disaster
- Be able and available for work, unless injured as a direct result of the disaster
- File an application for DUA within 30 days of the date of the announcement of availability of DUA
- Have not refused an offer of employment in a suitable position.
To file a DUA claim, visit http://www.laworks.net/UnemploymentInsurance/UI_Claimants.asp. Those without Internet Access or who have difficulty filing a claim online can contact the Louisiana Workforce Commission toll-free at 1-866-783-5567. For more information on Louisiana Disaster Recovery, visit online at www.fema.gov/disaster/4080 or www.gohsep.la.gov.
For more information about St. John the Baptist Parish visit sjbparish.com, like us on Facebook or follow us on twitter @SJBPgov