Juror says she owes Martin's parents apology

Juror says she owes Martin's parents apology

Credit: Getty Images

SANFORD, FL - JUNE 24: George Zimmerman waits for his defense counsel to arrive in Seminole circuit court, on the 11th day of his trial June 24, 2013 in Sanford, Florida. Today prosecutors began with their opening statements. Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder for the February 2012 shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. (Photo by Joe Burbank-Pool/Getty Images)

Print
Email
|

wwltv.com

Posted on July 25, 2013 at 2:37 PM

  ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- The second juror to speak publicly about George Zimmerman's trial tells ABC News that she feels the neighborhood watch volunteer got away with murder for fatally shooting Trayvon Martin. But she says there wasn't enough evidence to convict him under Florida law.
 
   Juror B29 told Robin Roberts in an interview made public Thursday that she favored convicting Zimmerman of second-degree murder when deliberations began. But by the second day of deliberating, she realized there wasn't enough proof to convict Zimmerman of a crime.
 
   Juror B29 is the second juror to go public with what went on during deliberations earlier this month. She allowed her face to be seen and used her first name, Maddy, unlike JurorB37 who was interviewed on CNN last week with her face obscured.
 

Print
Email
|