Mackie Shilstone / Fitness & Nutrition Expert
Because we depend on maintaining a certain level of energy to allow us to go about our daily routines, it is essential that we eat a balanced diet consisting of foods that give us the energy we need. Here is a list of five of the best foods and beverages for boosting energy levels:
- Fresh Figs – They provide good carbohydrates along with a multitude of B vitamins, calcium and potassium to help ensure peak muscle function.
- Orange – Rich in natural sugars for a quick energy boost, they also provide vitamin C, in
- creasing iron absorption.
- Almonds – They contain good amounts of iron and some B vitamins, helping your brain, nerves and muscles to function properly.
- Water – Dehydration leads to feelings of fatigue, so consuming adequate amounts of
- fresh, pure water can help fight fatigue and sustain your energy level.
- Lentils – Beans are a great source of fiber, which translates to a slow release of energy