NEW ORLEANS – Traffic will be detoured beginning Friday night, as construction crews continue the project of replacing the Wisner Bridge over Interstate 610.
The closure will go from Friday, Sept. 16 at 10 p.m. until Monday, Sept. 19 at 5 a.m.
Crews will be installing steel girders that are part of the Wisner Bridge replacement.
Westbound I-610 from Franklin Avenue to I-10 will be closed in its entirety. Eastbound I-610 from the I-10 split to St. Bernard will be closed. Access from ground-level at Gentilly Boulevard and beyond will remain open.
Detours are as follows:
• All traffic that would normally exit on I-610 for West End and Canal Boulevards should take I-10 east to the Metairie Road/City Park Avenue exit.
• Traffic that would normally exit on I-610 at St. Bernard Avenue should take I-10 east to the N. Claiborne Avenue exit.
• Traffic that would normally exit Elysian Fields Avenue or Franklin Avenue should take I-10 east to the Elysian Fields exit.
• All through traffic should remain on I-10 east.
• All traffic that would normally exit on I-610 at Elysian Fields Avenue, N. Broad Street, or Paris Avenue should use the Chef Menteur Highway or Franklin Avenue exits.
• Traffic that would normally exit on I-610 at Canal Boulevard should take I-10 west to the Florida Boulevard or West End exit.
The bridge is set to be complete in mid-2017.
(© 2016 WWL)