LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

SLIDELL, La. - Firefighters put out a fire at a storage shed at Northshore High School Tuesday.

According to St. Tammany Fire Protection District 1 spokesman Chad Duffaut, fire units responded to the call of a commercial structure fire at Northshore High in Slidell.

Firefighters found the shed heavily involved in smoke and flames. The fire was extinguished within 10 minutes.

Duffaut said the shed had heavy damage to 20 percent of the shed, but he added that the real danger came from gas cans on the other side of the shed. Duffaut said the quick work of firefighters prevented those cans from catching fire.

Students called in the report of the fire.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/local/northshore/2014/09/03/14579126/